a small handful of finely chopped fresh thyme
a small handful of finely chopped fresh rosemary needles
1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
1/2 C basalmic vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
Any veggies you want, chopped up.
Here are some ideas, just pick 3 to 10 that you think will go well together. I would include at least one type of onion.
baby redskin potatoes
yukon gold potatoes
bell peppers, any color
a few whole garlic cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 475.
2. Mix up the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Different veggies need different amounts of cooking time. Divide your veggies into long, medium and short cooking times.
Long cooking veggies include potatoes, carrots, and leeks.
Medium cooking veggies include onions, bell peppers, squash, and broccoli.
Short cooking veggies include green beans, zuchinni, tomatoes, or any other light and squishy selections.
4. Chop up your long-cooking veggies and put them in the bottom of a pyrex or corningware baking dish. Remember to leave room for the rest of the ingredients! If you are making a lot, you might need 2 dishes. Spoon some sauce over them (not too much, just enough to get them all greasy). Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
5. While those are cooking, chop up your medium cooking veggies. Add those to the dishes, spoon more sauce over, and stir the whole thing well. Cook for an additional 10 min.
6. Chop up short cooking veggies and add them to the dishes, with some more sauce. Cook until these last few veggies are crispy-tender.