Gambling via the "Poker" game in the casino is the fastest (in my opinion) way to rack up cash. I earned over 30,000G in one bet! Once you get
the Passport (see below) You can use the E.V.S. save point on the Elsa to play, as it's near a shop plate.
Getting Started: Casino Passport
You cannot do anything until you first obtain the passport. The Casino Passport is located in a blue chest in the Game Room. You'll find the
Game Room in the Residential section of the Durandal. Until Shion boards the Durandal, there is nothing you can do. When you have finished the long
cut scene, and you are trying to find Momo, you can detour to the residential area.
Find the shop by going up the stairs, the take the first right, the next left, then a couple of rights. There's a shop in the room at the end of
the hallway. Sell off any Med Kit , Ether Pack , Revive , and Cure-All you happen to have. Now go back the way you came, following the wall to Shion's
left. You should pass a sign telling you where the game room is.
Grab the chest on the far right to get your Card Passport , then head left to the E.V.S. plate and save in a new slot (kinda important, actually).
Go into the menu and select Casino Passport from the Key Items area. You'll be playing Poker - don't worry if you don't know how to play poker, it's
not really poker at all. If you are really serious about making money this way, I strongly recommend you take the train from the Residential Area
to the Dock and board the Elsa (farthest right).
In a relatively short period of time, you can get serious money. For every 9,900 coins you trade in, you can earn 10,890G. I can earn well over
100,000G in 40 minutes.
- When you first arrive, you'll need to swap out some of your money for chips. Select the top option (Exchange), say purchace coins and buy the
largest batch you can (you probably don't need more than 1000, honestly).
- Next, select Poker on the right, and choose level 4.
- Play the game to earn more coins, using the guides below (start with beginner, then go on to advanced). I usually do this for 30 minutes, and earn
around 100,000 coins.
- Return to the Exchange menu and trade 9900 coins for 99 Recovery Sets. Be sure to keep at least 1000 coins available for use when you come back
- Exit the Casino and go to a grey shop plate.
- Sell off all 99 of your Med Kit , Ether Pack , Revive , and Cure-All for 10,890G.
- Repeat steps 3-5 as long as it takes to sell off all but 1000 coins worth. This usualy takes me about 10 minutes.
- Note that Aces are ALWAYS played LOW. That means you cannot get a 10,J,Q,K,A straight or a Royal Flush (despite the look of things).
- You can, however, get an A,2,3,4,5 straight.
Select Poker, then Level 4, and say "Yes" that you want to play 100 coins per round. The list to the bottom left explains that standard hands
win you more coins at the rate specified. Starting out, you want to look for two or more of any card. Use the select function to change from "DRAW"
to "HOLD" under these cards.
If the cards that come up have no pair options, retain only the face (10, J, Q, K, A) cards. Use the "Draw" option at the bottom to go on to the
When asked to go "Double or nothing" ALWAYS say "Yes." Here are the double-or-nothing rules you should follow:
Using this strategy - statistically speaking - you should win more than you spend.
- Never throw away a valid hand. If you are just starting out, resist the urge to throw away, for example, if you have [3H, 4H, 5H, 6H, 6D], don't
throw away your [6D] and try for another Heart. Since the real money is made double-or-nothing, you've gotta get there first.
- ALWAYS bet LOW on a King and HI on an ace.
- If you have less than 1000 coins (but more than 100 coins), only bet HI on 1, 2, and 3.
- If you have less than 1000 coins (but more than 100 coins), only bet LOW on J, Q, and K.
- If you have more than 1000 coins, *always* bet "HI" on Ace, 2, 3, 4, or 5.
- If you have more than 1000 coins, *always* bet "LOW" on 9, 10, 7, Q, or K.
- If you are on one of the first three card slots, always bet on 6 or 8 as well; don't bet on them if you are on slot 4 or 5.
- If you are on the 4th or 5th slot, don't ever bet on a 7 (it's a 50-50 chance), and only bet on 6 or 8 if there's less than 1000 coins at
This area contains a few notes for more expert players. Wait until you've made some serious coin following the beginner's area before you try
this area out.
- Pick a direction (I pick HI) and *always* guess that on a 7, unless you are on slot 4 or 5.
- If you have no pairs, always go for a flush or straight if you are one card away.
- You cannot get a Royal Flush. Aces are played LOW every time. I've had a Royal Flush dealt to me TWICE and the game called it a
loss. You can imagine how bitter and filled with thoughts of rage I was. :D
- Your odds are only sightly better for an inside straight draw (e.g., 4,5,7,8) than for an outside straight draw (4,5,6,7). The reason is,
you'll get to the HI/LOW round with any pair as well as the straight card. Do the math - it's only a 1 in 48 chance less.
During the course of playing the game and exchanging your coins, you'll notice there are an awful lot of things you can earn in addition to just
the Recovery Pack that I suggest. By all means, feel free to get a few dozen Card Pack #2 additions (on the durandal is the first place you can get
them), the various game art, etc. The following is a list of items you can get from the exchange. With the exception of the Recovery Set, Escape and
Rest Set, and the card game accessories, these are all "One per customer" items (so you can't stock up on Revive DX, for example).
- Recovery Set: 100 Coins
- Escape and Rest Set: 150 Coins
- Golden Dice: 10,000 Coins
- Bravesoul: 15,000 Coins
- Revive DX: 18,000 Coins
- Stim DX: 12,000 Coins
- Design sketch 01: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 02: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 03: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 04: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 05: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 06: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 07: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 08: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 09: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 10: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 11: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 12: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 13: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 14: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 15: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 16: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 17: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 18: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 19: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 20: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 21: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 22: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 23: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 24: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 25: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 26: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 27: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 28: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 29: 2000 Coins
- Design sketch 30: 2000 Coins
- Starter Set (Card Game): 400 Coins
- Card Pack #1 (Card Game): 100 Coins
- Card Pack #2 (Card Game): 100 Coins