This is a walkthrough of Final Fantasy VII (FF7). As with any walkthrough, this document contains spoilers! It was developed for FFVII English Language Version for Playstation. Some things may
not work on other platforms or alternate language versions.I intend to add some tools to help you learn the game system more easily. As of my original writing, this was one of the most complete
walkthrough of FFVII on the net. You may
to make requests/corrections.
As I said above, all walkthroughs contain spoilers. What I've tried to do here is set this site up so that you can get the information you need without having to read the whole document. Please
see the points below for things you'll want to know about that DON'T involve spoilers. I recommend reading them before even starting the game. Then play each section first, saving at every
possible point. When you finish a section, go back to the walkthrough and see if there is anything you missed. I'll include various hints, tips, tricks and cheats I may have noticed along the
Points to Remember
(IE: Things I wish someone had told me starting out!)
- Enter the menu by pressing triangle and use the config menu to set the battle speed to faster, and to set the cursor to memory and the ATB to wait.
- Examine all walls. Look for the Turtle's Paradise posters from the start; you can't get back to all of them.
- Concentrate on leveling up characters in the following order: Yuffie, Cloud, Cid, Red XIII, Barret,
Tifa, Vincent, Cait Sith, Aeris. If you are leveling up characters, don't include the lower value ones
until later on. Also, don't buy expensive weapons / armor / accessories for lower level characters.
- Don't sell off your master level materia always. You can keep one of each master level materia and
transform it into something VERY cool. Keep a spare master or two of everything. I recommend selling off
master level all materia. You'll end up with a ton of it, and you don't need more than two or three at
most. If you can't decide what to level up - level up an all materia.
- Attack this game from the standpoint that you DO want to beat it completely. If you decide not to at
some point, you can always stop doing the tough stuff. Otherwse, you may miss out on something you really
- See the colors in the text? Those colors correspond to the materia type. I'll be linking this to other materia information as time goes on, but in the mean time it gives you an idea what you can do with it. The available materia
types are independant materia, support materia, command materia, magic materia and summon materia.
- Any time you see an item in a dashed box, you can hover the mouse over it for more information about that item.
Hover the mouse over the box in this line for for a second or two to see an example of how it works.