You can press "cancel" while over the northern crater to decend the Highwind into the cavern. Take the ladder down (don't worry, you
can get back up). Head down and left. On the next screen, say you want to go down. The box right there has a Save Crystal in it. When you want to come back
up, you can take the cave to the smaller cave on the previous screen. Just walk (don't run) to the right and examine the path next to the cave. It's not marked
with a green pointer, but it's a ladder! Avoid the cave for now - head left (jump across the ledge) and go aroud and around and around - down to the bottom. On
the way, stop off at the box and get the Guard Source . If you find a gargoyle, fight the first one, then make sure you aren't level four from then on. ;) When
you get to the bottom of the cave:
Jump all the way down and go to the next level/puzzle. If you run across a Master Tonberry here (small guy with floating star above his head) steal an Elixir and
morph him. Even if you lose a guy or two, it's worth it to morph this guy. He turns into a Ribbon !
- Head left and jump down to the next level.
- Go left and climb up the ledge at the end; open the box for a Power
- Jump down that ledge.
- Go right and down to the next level; open the box for an Elixir .
- Wind your way down to the next level with a box; open
for a Magic Source .
- Go down one more level and right; at the end go up the other ledge.
- Climb all the way back up to the top and go down the other side.
- The first box this way has a Guard Source .
- The second box has a Mind Source .
Head right and climb down the icicle things. You'll split into two groups at the bottom. I took Cloud, Tifa and Cid to the left, and had al the rest go
right. On the next screen, I had everyone go down. There is a box here with a Remedy and another with an Elixir off to the right. An X-Potion is on the lower
level. Down one more screen is a ledge you have to jump DOWN from, then wrap around to get both the boxes. The left one has a turbo Ether , the right one has a
Vaccine . Climb back up the surface and head down the left fork. There's an X-Potion on the next level. Down farther is a Turbo Ether , next to which is a
floating ball in a Mako fountain. To the left of that is a Speed Source in a box. Go down and left to get to the next area; there's a Luck Source in the box
just down from the entrace. A little farther down, all the gang shows up. Go back the way you came. When you get to the place where you went "down" with all
your characters, go up. In the next cave, the magic pots are the best way to level up. Really! Use the w-item materia to allow you to get unlimited elixirs
and feed them two each, then kill them. In either case:
- Jump down to the first level.
- Go into the cave on the far left. Head down and right into the hidden cave looking thing, then come out above.
- The chest here has a Power Source .
- Toward the bottom is another chest with a Guard Source .
- Exit the cave using the bottom exit.
- Go right and open the chest there for a Hero Drink .
- Go back into the cave and go to the top.
- Exit the cave and go right until you fall down.
- On that level, walk left until you get to a chest; open it for Mind Source .
- Walk right and jump up to the previous level.
- Walk left and jump down to the next level, the go into the cave on the right.
- There's a Megalixir here.
- Go out; jump back then walk right.
- Go down and use the loop-around cave to get to the next level.
- Walk left and jump down, then right and jump down, then left and jump down twice.
- Finally, go right and you'll be at the next area.
Go left and down then left and up to get to the center of the glowing area. Examine it for a counter materia. Head out the cave on the left. You should be
where the rest of your party is. Follow the trail to the right and head out of this area. On the next screen, go right and you'll jump up to the next ledge.
Remember that double-jump you do that goes past the floating orb in the middle of the Mako fountain? Go over there and examine right as soon as your first jump
finishes. If you time it right, you can grab the mega-all materia out of the fountain. After that, backtrack to the place where your party first split. This
time, take the road to the right. Wind your way down the cylinder and, on the next screen, go down. There's a box down here with another Mystile , and around
the corner is an Elixir . Wind your way down around this one too, and you'll find a box at the bottom with a Speed Source in it. Down and left is a box with a
Tetra Elmental (Drains Fire/Cold/Lightning/Earth attacks). Further along is a box with a Megalixir . Left of that is a box further along with another Megalixir .
Now head to the far right of this screen and go to the next one. Head left and wind down the skeleton if you wish to go on to the end of the game, otherwise,
head back up to the place where everyone split and go outside back to the ship. NOW is the best time to fight Weapons! (See Weapon Side Quest Section for more
- Go down and right along the vines; jump up at the end and open that box for a Magic Source .
- Go back to the entrance, then head up and right.
- After a short swim, head up and left to open the box with a Remedy in it.
- Backtrack slightly and enter the next room.
- Pay close attention here: See that green shiny thing at the top of the screen? You WANT it.
- The chest at the top left of the screen has a Vaccine in it.
- The green flashing thing is a shield materia.
- Go STRAIGHT DOWN from that to swim to where the far left box is; it has an Imperial Guard in it.
- Go STRAIGHT DOWN from THERE to swim to the other side of the screen.
- Go up and left, then loop back around on the pathway to get to the final box (far right). It has a Hero Drink in it.
- Backtrack a little and take the exit at the far right of the screen.
Back to the End of the World:
OK. Now that you have pretty much beat everything there is to beat, head back to the crater and decend to the bottom. When you get to the screen where you
first met up with all your party, make sure to create a save point using the Save Crystal . After that point, you'll have to jump from time to time by pressing
the "accept" or "OK" buttons. Go in a spiral pattern around the outside left until you get to the center of the floating square thing. Anyway, as long as you
have KOR at this point, it's a total cake walk. When Jenova shows up, w-summon KOR. After you beat Jenova, you'll fall down a long drop, and then you'll see a
"Li....ght." I guess it's a light, but whatever. Sephiroth will show up and get the group back together again, then you'll have to split your party into three
groups. Since I spent so long leveling up Cloud, Tifa and Cid, I made them the party leaders. I had Cloud, Barret and Cait Sith. Tifa, Red XIII and Vincent
and Cid and Yuffie. I made sure they had their best weapons, then Divy up your materia accordingly. You'll hear your people cheer you on, then you'll fight.
One KOR and that was the end of it. He really is a pathetic wimp. Next he changed form, so I used a Megalixir to get another shot off, and KORx2'd him. After
another Megalixir , I KORx2'd him again. He killed off my guys, so I had to bring them back, then use a w-summon of Hades/Phoenix to get back into action.
That, oddly enough, killed him off. All that to say, three good guys will waste him. Screw using more then that. YMMV. At the end of the battle, you'll end
up where I told you to make the save point. Thankfully, Cloud goes all mental and we are saved from reality by the sheer lack of understanding that is thrust
upon us. At least we get a fun cut scene here. Ah yes. Sun, moon, stars, synapsis. It all makes sense... No actually, it doesn't. Let's kick Sephiroth's
butt, shall we? Omnislash the heck out of him, yah? 9999xd6!!! Sorry... I had a bit of a homestarunner moment there.
Watch the pretty lights. You'll get the LIFESTREAM lecture here. I'm not sure what the heck is up with Aeris, to be honest. Cloud
grabs Tifa and let's get the heck out of here. OK I'm just joshing you. You can't do anything here. Just watch Cid curse and hang on for dear life. Various
towns get nuked and you evetually see Meteor get replused (I think that's Marlene's eye's view your watching) and then Midgar gets munched. Eventually,
you'll see that stupid thing that fell out of Aeris' hair start to work its magic. No wait, that's the lifestream. OK. I give up. I don't know what the heck
is going on here. I'm just in it for the money/fame/glory. Yeah right. I wrote the whole frickin' walkthrough and what, 5 people maybe will read it. Heh heh.
That's OK. I helped Cam. That's all I really care about. Heh heh. Oh. And Lewis. If you actually got here, you rock, dude!