This is a walkthrough of Xenosaga: Episode 1 (XS1). As with any walkthrough, this document contains spoilers! It was developed for Xenosaga I English Language Version for
Playstation 2. Some things may not work on other platforms or alternate language versions. This walkthrough is live now mainly because a few of my friends want what
I have finished already now. The items in the navigation bar on the left are the sections that are complete. I intend to add quite a bit more later, but you can certainly get through the whole game
using only what's here. Eventually this will be the most complete walkthrough of Xenosaga on the net. You may
to make requests/corrections.
As I said above, all walkthroughs contain spoilers. What I've tried to do here is set this site up so that you can get the information you need without having
to read the whole document. Please see the points below for things you'll want to know about that DON'T involve spoilers. I recommend reading them before even
starting the game. Then play each section first, saving at every possible point. When you finish a section, go back to the walkthrough and see if there is
anything you missed. I'll include various hints, tips, tricks and cheats I may have noticed along the way.
Points to Remember
(IE: Things I wish someone had told me starting out!)
- There are 4 types of points in this game: Experience Points (XP), Tech
Points (T-Points), Ether Points (E-Points), and Skill Points (S-Points). XP
automatically levels up your character, but you must MANUALLY use the other points.
- Use the A.G.W.S. simulator on the Woglinde early on. Use this area to
learn how to use the level-up system. You don't earn E-Points, but you DO earn
S-Points and T-Points.
- Try to get the extra points when you kill enemies. Make sure the battle
spinner is on the Golden Egg looking thing. If a battle won't give you the
correct pattern, consider using guard or move to change the delay.
- When drilling, use the overhead view. And remember - the farther right
something is, you'll need to be lower and farther right to hit it.
- Always read your email when it first comes in. Pay attention to things
like: Download this attachment.
- When you first get Skill Points, unequip your Scope and Extract the Search
Eyes skill from it. You'll want to equip this item to other characters later.
- When you first earn E-Points, check out the ether sub-menu, but don't
spend your points just yet; you'll want to save them so you can transfer your
Medica Ether Ability to other characters.
- Any time you see an item in a dashed box, you can hover the mouse over it for
more information about that item. Hover the mouse over the box in this line for for a second or two to see an example of how it works.