Single Page Version
This is a walkthrough of Final Fantasy X. As with any
walkthrough, this document contains spoilers! It was developed for FFX English Language
Version for PS2. Some things may not work on other platforms or alternate language versions.
This walkthrough is live now only because a few of my friends want what I have finished
already now. The items in the navigation bar on the left are the sections that are
complete. I intend to add some tools to help you learn the game system more easily.
Eventually this will be the most complete walkthrough of FFX on the net. You may
to make requests/corrections.
As I said above, all walkthroughs contain spoilers. What I've tried to do here is set this site up so that you can get the information you need
without having to read the whole document. Please see the points below for things you'll want to know about that DON'T involve spoilers. I recommend
reading them before even starting the game. Then play each section first, saving at every possible point. When you finish a section, go back to the
walkthrough and see if there is anything you missed. I'll include various hints, tips, tricks and cheats I may have noticed along the way.
There are two strategies I can recommend for progressing through the game. Basically it boils down to: How much time do you want to spend leveling up? My personal philsophy for playing Final
Fantasy games is that boss battles are to be thoroughly and utterly won. ;) As such, my strategy here may involve more leveling up than you want. But after a certain point (when you unlock the
arena) your leveling up has extra side benefits. Until then, I don't really level up much. See the "Calm Lands" section of the walkthrough for more information.
Points to Remember: (IE: Things I wish someone had told me starting out!)
- Under your options menu, you can set GF videos to short. You can also set the battle cursor to memory. You're welcome!
- You have gills. You can breath underwater.
- Unlike most rpgs, you don't divide AP up between characters. Each character that participates in a round will earn AP. (NOTE: If a
character is not one of the three active participants at the end of a battle, they only earn 1xAP at the end of the battle, even if they
have 2xAP or 3xAP weapon/armor equiped.)
- The shinny blue spheres not only save, but restore HP/MP. You don't need tents/cabins in this game. Merry Christmas!
- What's true for your enemies is sometimes true for you too. Some status abnormalities can wear off after 3 turns.